About Discovery Coast Tourism and Commerce
Discovery Coast Tourism & Commerce Inc (DCTC) is the Discovery Coast non for profit tourism and commerce organisation dedicated to the growth and expansion of the tourism industry and economic development for Agnes Water, Seventeen Seventy, Baffle Creek and the surrounding local areas.
DCTC has been successfully operating for the past 15 years.
To strive to continually promote and develop Tourism and Economic activities within the region known as the Discovery Coast
The DCTC vision is to benefit the local community and businesses by promoting the beautiful area known as the Discovery Coast.
Tourism is the leading business in Agnes Water and 1770.
By promoting the Discovery Coast as a must see destination the community and all businesses in the area will prosper through social, environmental and economic development.
Download the DCTC constitution here
- Successful staging of the 2016 Agnes Blues, Roots & Rock Festival.
- Successful application for a Grant to fund the construction of a permanent stage at the SES grounds in 1770, a new community facility for all to utilise.
- Granting of $600,000+ in funding from 3 levels of Govt for upgrades to Fingerboard Rd.
- View all achievements here
- Amber Rodgers, DCTC president: expert tourism marketer for 16 years, held executive positions at Capricorn Tourism, Gold Coast Tourism and currently Marketing Manager 1770 LARC! Tours, part time.
- Jeff Weekes, DCTC vice president and acting treasurer: holds management rights including care-taking agreement for the 35-unit Agnes Water Beach Club accommodation complex. Expert in accommodation operations and marketing and managing contractors including cleaning and grounds keepers.
- Amanda Savage, DCTC secretary: coordinator of the Agnes Water Visitor Information Center, over 20 years experience in tour guiding and customer service in tourism, including at the state tourism organisation, South Australia Tourist Commission.
- Fabienne Wintle, DCTC membership and promotion: award winning digital tourism strategist, ex Queensland Tourism Industry Council board member, current GAPDL board member, extensive experience in promoting tourism businesses online using cost effective digital strategies. Owner of ThisIsOurAustralia.com, one of the biggest caravanning resource sites with over 20,000 Facebook followers. An expert at marketing caravan parks in Australia.
- Nikita Pearce is DCTC’s admin assistant. She has been with DCTC since April 2016, assisted with the organisation of the Captain Cook 1770 Festival and volunteered during the event. Nikita assists in the office with filing, deliveries of merchandise, and organising events such as Volunteer Barbecues and fundraisers.