1770 Festival in 2022
The 1770 Festival is an annual commemorative event held in 1770, Queensland (the “only number on the map in Australia”) around the historic date of 24 May 1770.
Free Entry For 2022
Save The Date
What's On This Festival
About The 1770 Festival
252 years ago, Lt (later Captain) James Cook and his crew of the HMB Endeavour landed on the East Coast shore at the point now named 1770, experiencing their first Encounters in Country with the local Gooreng Gooreng people before sailing away on further historic global explorations.
Every May, locals and visitors reflect on Cook’s legacy of exploration; his incredible cartography skills and documented observations of Country and First Peoples.
Traditional custodians the Gooreng Gooreng have participated in the organisation of the 1770 Festival, presented and shared their culture with Festival attendees since the 1770 Festival’s inception in 1992, which has become a collaborative platform increasing the involvement of the traditional custodians and promoting global cultural unity while celebrating historic local “Encounters in Country” together.
The picturesque coastal community of Agnes Water & Town of 1770, gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, is getting ready to fire up again this May into a colourful kaleidoscope, showcasing the incredible range of activities and attractions to be experienced in this stunning coastal location.
This year, like every year, the 1770 Festival organising team met with the Gooreng Gooreng, and together have agreed upon a theme of UNITY, where all families within our comm-UNITY “nutch’ will gather together at this “munjoorum”.
For the 30th year, the picturesque coastal community of Agnes Water & Town of 1770 invites you to join them in paradise to commemorate the date when the first Europeans set foot on this land and encountered the Gooreng Gooreng people for the first time.
There’ll be tons of fun for the whole family, with plenty to see and do to suit all ages, tastes and budgets.
Getting To 1770/Agnes Water
Getting To The Festival Grounds
Staying In 1770/Agnes Water
The 1770 Festival Program in 2022!
1770 Festival 2022 | LIVE MUSIC!
3 Days! 15 Acts!
The Grand Finale
This year kindly funded by the Agnes Water Tavern.
Food & Things
Check out what there is to eat, drink and explore this year!
Conditions Of Entry
- The 1770 Festival is an all weather event.
- This is an all ages event. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Entry is FREE, must collect wrist bands at entry gate for under 18s. Bar tickets, merchandise and stall holders prefer card over cash. An ATM will be available on site
- All bags must be presented for searching upon entering the venue.
- Footwear must be worn at all times.
- All patrons will be issued with a coloured wrist band upon entry. Anyone found without an official wrist band will be rejected from the venue.
- No food or drink can be brought into the venue (except for water but we will have chilled water free of charge).
- Chairs and tables will be provided so please do not bring your own.
- Anyone believed to be carrying banned substances may be subjected to a search by security guards or police.
- The bar will close 30 minutes prior to the end of the show each day.
- Drink vouchers are not refundable for cash.
- Drinks cannot be taken out of the licensed area.
- Smoking is only permitted within the designated smoking area.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason.
- Liquor will not be sold to anyone who is drunk, disorderly or under 18 years of age.
- Any person who is ejected from the venue for any reason will not be re-admitted at any stage over the length of the festival, nor will they receive a refund of the ticket price.
- No dogs, cats or other pets/animals allowed.
- Bags may be searched or restricted.
- Don’t drink and drive, organise a designated driver, look after each other.
- Public transport via shuttle bus will be available.
- Glass containers are not permitted.
People who are unduly intoxicated will not be served alcohol.
- Water will be freely available.
Look out for your friends and family.
- Wet and dry areas are both available.
- Go to a chill-out or rest area for help.
- ID will be required to purchase alcohol.
- BYO alcohol is not permitted.
Proudly supported by
1770 Festival is only possible with the support of our Sponsors