Friday 25 May 2018
- The “Re-enactment” of Cook’s landing is held on the foreshores of 1770. The cast arrives in a longboat on the beach at 1770 and makes their way to center stage. Relive this historical event and enjoy entertainment as well as food and drinks afterward. We will ensure the start time is published here, as it is dependent on both tidal and daylight for exact performance start time.
- In the year 2020, we celebrate the 250th Anniversary of Cook’s landing at 1770 and the replica HMB Endeavour will be an important part of the reenactment. Make sure you put these dates in your diary.
Saturday 26 May 2018
- The morning begins with “Experiences in Paradise” themed parade. Both community and business groups join in the Festival Parade and spectators get to vote for best “float” in the parade. The parade concludes at Festival grounds.
- Inside the Festival grounds the traditional landowners, provide “Welcome to Country” and continues with a march past of the parade entrants and awards ceremony.
- “Just for Kids” includes amusement rides and the traditional lantern making. The lantern parade commences before dusk with the children presenting their lanterns at center stage to the beat of the drummers and Indigenous dancers.
- Food Street offers Street Food with lots of signature dishes and seafood specialties.
- Watch Shane Christianson carve our famous Bustard bird from with a chainsaw.
- Join in workshops on native plants and learn what Joseph Banks discovered in 1770.
- Painting the “Harmony” wall commence this year and will continue in 2019. Wall panels will be painted by small groups of friends celebrating all people living together.
- The main stage will entertain festival-goers with live music, and the annual fireworks on Saturday evening is always a high light.
Sunday 27 May 2018
- The inaugural “1770 Fun Run” commences at Festival grounds with both a 3 and 6 km run through 1770 to Cook’s Monument and return.
- The annual 1770 Art Show is held from Wednesday 23 May to Sunday 27 May 2018 at the Agnes Water Community Hall and shuttle bus services will take you there and return to Festival Grounds during Festival dates.