Baffle Creek Family Fishing Festival is hosted by the Baffle Creek Fishing Club. The recreational fishers amongst us take to the fantastic waters around Baffle Creek as often as they choose during the week long event, vying for great prizes! In 2017 the competition became purely ‘Catch, Snap & Release’. Our fish stocks and the health of our river systems are important to us. Although, you are welcome to take one home for dinner!
At the end of a fun-filled week of fishing and exploring our beautiful area, our local sports grounds will come to life with bush style entertainment, festivities and fun for all.
The festival offers families and friends the opportunity to put the stresses of modern life aside to enjoy a few days with their favourite people in a truly beautiful natural environment, while providing significant benefits to the Baffle Creek Community including: a means of showcasing the magic and lifestyle of Baffle Creek to the outside world – this positive exposure is integral to nurturing opportunities for local eco-sustainable industries (eg ecotourism and fresh food production) to seed, grow and employ, and, raises funds to help maintain the Baffle Creek Community Centre – an essential facility utilised by many for sporting, educational, social, health and community care activities.
UPDATE – 17th April 2020
Due to the current situation we have made some changes to this years event…
– Registrations will open on July 1st (instead of June 1 to give us that extra month to assess the situation)
Reduced entry fees for 2020 – Seniors will now be $25 & kids are free!
– 2020 comp will now be a “Teams” event – CASH PRIZES (from entry fees) will be awarded to the winning “Team” for each category. All teams must have at least 1 Senior entrant & teams will be capped at 4 Seniors per team (teams may have any amount of children – so doesn’t matter if a family has 1 child or 4 children under 16 years… they will only pay for the seniors!)
– Individuals (seniors) can enter as a “team” of 1 if they choose to fish/enter alone
– While we can not guarantee what our prizes will be this year, we can guarantee that 100% of entry fees will be awarded as cash prizes! (This means that the winning category prizes value will be dependent on the amount of senior entrants we receive)
– Donated prizes we receive from sponsors will be drawn as entrant lucky draws. (If we do get an abundance of prizes donated we may include some as $1 raffle prizes during our Family Fun Day)
– The Family Fun Day is still being planned, however, the original planned additional activities may not be available (eg mullet throw etc), but we will do all presentations & draws throughout the afternoon, so families can leave early if they choose. Then, if permitted by current COVID-19 directives… our bar, food & live entertainment will continue until 8pm.