Do bring your furry best friend!
Many people love to bring their pets with them on a holiday – and why wouldn’t you. But sometimes it’s hard to decide, without knowing if there are suitable places for your dog (or cat) to have some fun too.
We have compiled a list of pet friendly places here in Agnes Water/1770 to make it easier for you to plan your trip.
Pet friendly accommodation can be found in lots of places, from basic camping grounds to flash holiday houses.
- Gibsons Pet Friendly Accommodation
- Sunbird Gardens
- Agnes Water Beach Holidays Caravan Park
- Workmans Beach campground
- Reef Caravan park
- Agnes Water Beach Holiday park
- Gibsons pet friendly accommodation
- A number of holiday houses are dog friendly. Check with your rental agency.
Please do check with your accommodation provider before booking as there can be restrictions in some places in peak holiday times.
A lot of beaches are dog friendly in the area, but make sure to know the requirements (off leash/on leash).
- Agnes Water main beach is dog friendly NORTH of the bathing area. Dogs must be kept on a leash between the bathing area and the surf club beach access (there is a small timber post with access no. SS1).
- North of the Surf Club beach access dogs can run off leash, as long as they are under effective voice control.
- Chinamans beach is dog friendly OUTSIDE turtle nesting season (November to March).
- Dogs are NOT allowed in the bathing area on the Agnes Water main beach.
- Dogs are also allowed off leash at the 1770 SES grounds. This is a great place to throw a ball or stick.
Teach your dog to paddle board with you and get tips from the ‘dog whisperer’ Chris de Aboitiz from 1770 SUP. He also holds the (unofficial) world record for the most dogs on a paddle board!
- Take your dog kayaking with you. 1770 Liquid Adventures encourage customers to bring their dogs along. You can take a single, double or triple kayak and enjoy the area with your best mate on board.
- Take your pooch with you to 1770 Getaway for a coffee break, breakfast or lunch.
- Your dog is welcome in the outside area at Beachcombers Bistro in 1770.
- Dog minding – Aunty Ray’s Dog sitting $25 per day. Call Raylene on 49747555 or 0417611768.
- Vet – call 4974 9045. The vet is located at 2653 Round Hill Road.
- Dog training lessons are available with Chris de Aboitiz from SUP DOG OZ call Chris on 0421 026 255.
Losing your dog is stressful at the best of times. Losing your pooch while holidaying inana unfamiliar area, is extra stressful. The loving community of Agnes Water/1770 is always trying to help reunite owners with their dogs if they get lost.
- The first place to check or post is the Agnes Water/1770 Community Facebook page. People are generally very helpful here, trying reunite dog and owner.
- Ring the Vet to see if anyone has brought your dog in.
- Check the council pound (phone 4970 0700) in case your dog got picked up by animal control.