Stand Up Paddle for Family Fun, Fitness, Relaxation & Simple Pleasure
Owned and operated by Chris de Aboitiz, former tandem surfing world champion and pioneer of stand up paddle boarding (SUP) in Australia.
Chris de Aboitiz who brought the traditional Hawaiian sport of SUP to Australia, will have his team from 1770 SUP teach you how to stand up paddle. The Seventeen Seventy waterway is the perfect, safe environment for beginners to learn the basics of how to SUP on the flat water.
- SUPping is a fun, dynamic low-impact outdoor activity that works your body and your mind.
- Switch on your muscles and challenge your balance, strength, endurance, co-ordination, flexibility and core stability.
- Clear your head as you simply focus on standing up on your board and using your paddle in a continuous flowing movement.
- SUP and discover the unique marine environment in Bustard Bay while keeping an eye out for the dolphins, turtles and stingrays and a variety of local bird species.
- Keen to take it to the next level? You can learn to Stand Up Paddle Surf, catching your first waves at the Seventeen Seventy river mouth.