A truly magical walk
From the town of Agnes Water follow Springs Rd to the south for a little over 2.5km. Look for the large Reedy Creek Reserve sign near a gravel car park on the right-hand side of Springs Rd. Bollards and a trail icon mark the start of the Paperbark Forest Boardwalk. The trail is suitable for most ages and fitness levels. Duration: 400m approximately 45min.
Special note: This walking trail is not suitable for all people including the very young or those with limited mobility or balance. You’ll encounter obstacles, stepping stones, fallen debris, water crossings, steps and rough surfaces that require good balance.
- This short but spectacular forest walk will take you into the heart of a very special type of forest, rarely seen in such pristine condition.
- The specially designed track makes it possible to penetrate the thick lush undergrowth and tiptoe through the wetlands (without getting your feet wet) until you’re completely surrounded by hundreds of paperbark tree trunks and the majestic green fronds of the cabbage palm.
- Keep an eye out for butterflies and richly coloured fungi while keeping your ears listening for frog calls as you pass through their habitat.
- The walk is open to the public all year round although it may be closed following heavy rains or periods of high fire danger.
- A picnic table at the start/finish of the walk makes a great spot for a cuppa (please take any rubbish with you).
Allow some extra time for photographs! Dogs are not permitted.