Important #1770Festival COVID Safe Information
Check in and you’re good to go!
We’re using the new Check In Qld app to help keep you COVID safe at the 1770 Festival. All you need to do is:
- visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld for links to download the app from Google Play or Apple App stores
- enter your details once when you first open the app
- open the app when you arrive at the Festival
- select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our code
Using this digital check in means your details will be stored securely by the Queensland Government for 56 days to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing (if needed). The Check In Qld app is safe, secure and private. By using it, you are helping Queensland’s pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafes to stay open, and you can visit us with confidence, knowing you can be contacted quickly and easily if there is any risk of exposure to the virus.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Visitors will not be permitted to enter the Festival if they:
- Are experiencing any of these symptoms
- Have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test;
- Reside with anyone who is awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test;
- Have returned from international travel and failed to observe the government requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
- Have not completed the initial compulsory check-in process by scanning the Safe Visit QR Code and answering the COVID screening questions on their mobile device in the entrance queue prior to proceeding to the Ticket Booth to present their Printed Tickets or Ticket QR Codes on their mobile device.
Once cleared for COVID Safe Visit Entry, please have your Printed Tickets, or Ticket QR Codes ready on your mobile device before approaching the Ticket Booth. These were emailed to you when you booked your Tickets online.
Festival Management has the right to refuse entry if a patron is unwell.
ENTERING THE FESTIVAL
- There will be separate Entry and Exit points for check-in and check-out, located at the front of the SES Grounds, via Captain Cook Drive, 1770. You will be required to scan the QR Code every time you check in or out at these Entry and Exit points, which will only take a moment once you have initially checked in for the first time at the Entry point.
- Please cooperate at all times with Festival Staff directives.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m at all times with people outside of your immediate group.
- Maintain good general hygiene regarding washing of hands with soap and the use of hand sanitizer, which will be provided throughout the Festival Precinct for all attendees.
- Maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into your elbow, or a tissue to be disposed of immediately followed by thorough hand washing and sanitising.
- Find a table and be seated with your group only – avoid co-mingling with others.
- Food and Beverage must be consumed within the Festival Grounds (no takeaways).
- Water will be available from the hydration station located beyond the bar. BYO refillable water bottle and our friendly, trained volunteers will top you up safely all day long!
- ID can be requested at the bar by Event Staff – 18+ only
- Smoking Only in the designated area. Please dispose of your butts responsibly and maintain social distancing of 1.5m in this area.
STAY SAFE AND HAVE FUN!
- Hand sanitiser will be available for all attendees around the Festival Precinct.
- There will be frequent cleaning of all areas and increased cleaning of high touch surfaces.
- All Festival Staff will have completed COVID safety training.
- We will be auditing COVID safety throughout the event to make sure we get it right.
- Please follow the directions of all COVID Safe signage throughout the Festival Precinct.
- There will be a QLD Ambulance team on-site. Please notify Event Staff immediately for assessment if you become unwell; and follow any directions given by them.
- Respond accurately to the following questions if asked by Event Staff:
- Have you or anyone you live with tested positive for the COVID-19 virus and have not been medically cleared as non-contagious?
- Do you have any flu-like symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever)?
- Acknowledge the right of the Festival to refuse entry or request a patron’s departure from the site at any time and for any reason;
- At all times, please treat Festival Staff and other attendees with respect.