About the Discovery Coast Tourism and Commerce
Discovery Coast Tourism & Commerce Inc (DCTC) is the Discovery
Coast non for profit tourism and commerce organisation dedicated to the growth and expansion of the tourism industry and economic development for Agnes Water, Seventeen Seventy, Baffle Creek and the surrounding local areas. DCTC has been successfully operating since 2000.
Amber Rodgers - President
Amber Rodgers has a long career in business, tourism, events and community groups, with extensive practical and strategic experience in the private sector and destination marketing realms. Amber comes from a background of four generations of successful family businesses. She has acquired broad business skills first hand, from the front line right through to the boardroom. Amber has applied her passionate nature to roles in business development, industry liaison, events, strategic partnerships and marketing.
Amber worked in regional tourism organisations for eight years, including Capricorn Tourism and Gold Coast Tourism, as well in roles in private enterprise. The combination of these experiences qualifies her to be the very practical and opportunistic consultant and coach that people who work in events and in tourism businesses seek out to assist them refine and grow their products and businesses.
With experience in events management and funding, plus sales, trade, product development, public relations, branding, destination marketing and social media, Amber can assess, apply and implement across the tourism industry. Amber has excellent credentials in product and experience development and was instrumental in developing the indigenous product Goolimbil Walkabout Tour in the Town of 1770 and continues to champion the concept plan of the 1770 Experience project. She is currently marketing manager (part-time) for an eco certified day tour operator, '1770 LARC! Tours' in the Southern Great Barrier Reef region of Queensland, and has held the Local Tourism Organisation President role since 2016.
Electra Frost - Vice President
Annie McConnachie - Treasurer
TBA - Secretary
James Spicer - Memberships
James first arrived in Agnes Water in 2009 as an English backpacker working as an island guide with 1770 Undersea Adventures, and has called Agnes Water home several times since.
After completing a sponsorship visa in Brisbane, James travelled all over Australia locating and opening several travel agency franchises, which later led to a sales and marketing position for a 17 vessel fleet in the Whitsundays. There, James helped develop, contract and present products at both domestic and international trade shows, working with a network of buyers and sellers across the globe.
James most recently introduced and developed the Oceania region for San Diego based tech start-up Cloudbeds, providing customised software solutions for accommodation and touring product throughout the Oceania region. The Cloudbeds technology today empowers over 26,000 hotels worldwide.
After 10 years representing several tourism brands and regions, James moved back to Agnes Water in late 2020, and now happily consults tourism businesses from his laptop.
To strive to continually promote and develop Tourism and Economic activities within the region known as the Discovery Coast
The DCTC vision is to benefit the local community and businesses by promoting the beautiful area known as the Discovery Coast.
Tourism is the leading business in Agnes Water and 1770.
By promoting the Discovery Coast as a must-see destination the community and all businesses in the area will prosper through social, environmental and economic development.
Download the DCTC constitution here
- The successful staging of the annual Agnes Blues, Roots & Rock Festival and 1770 Festival
- Successful application for a Grant to fund the construction of a permanent stage at the SES grounds in 1770, a new community facility for all to utilise.
- Granting of $600,000+ in funding from 3 levels of Govt for upgrades to Fingerboard Rd.
- View all achievements here
Minutes of previous meetings are available to members only. Please click this link to view.
Become a Member TODAY!
DCTC is your local tourism and commerce organisation, dedicated to growing our region by leveraging the benefits of tourism in our local economy. Whilst your interests are represented by the Executive Committee and numerous volunteers, none of these positions receive any salary. This means that DCTC is YOU and without YOU there is no local tourism and commerce organisation.
Once your membership is paid, you will be able to:
1. Add your listing and events to our VisitAgnes1770.com.au website (or make sure it is up to date!). This website will quickly become your key sales agent as members report it is the number one website that refers traffic, enquiries and bookings to their own website.
Note that members and non members can add events for free to the website to give them an online presence. Make sure you do this regularly here
2. Attend our monthly networking functions. Past minutes are available here
3. Keep up to date about opportunities via our regular e–newsletter
4. Participate in marketing and advertising campaigns
5. Be featured on our social media accounts
6. Participate in media and blogger famils and promotional events
7. Be featured in promotional material
8. Being represented by the committee at different functions and with different level of governments and tourism officials.
9. BECOME INVOLVED! We all understand how busy we can be working in our own businesses, however if at anytime you are interested in becoming involved in any of the committees and volunteering your time, you will be very welcomed to join us. DCTC organises both the Agnes Blues, Roots & Rock & 1770 Festivals
If you have any questions with regards to your membership please email email@example.com.
Joining DCTC and becoming a member is now easier than ever with our new online membership form.
Individual Membership starts from $66 per financial year.
Business memberships start at $176 per financial year.