About Discovery Coast Tourism and Commerce
Discovery Coast Tourism & Commerce Inc (DCTC) is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the tourism industry and economic development for Agnes Water, Seventeen Seventy, Baffle Creek and the surrounding local areas.
The organisation believes that by promoting the Discovery Coast as a must-see destination, the community and all businesses in the area will prosper through sustainable social, environmental and economic development.
DCTC is a non-profit, membership-based organisation that has been successfully operating since 2000.
DCTC’s executive committee members volunteer their time to lead the many projects run and supported by the organisation. They are supported by hundreds of other volunteers that ensure the two festivals run every year are a success.
Amber worked in regional tourism organisations for eight years, including Capricorn Tourism and Gold Coast Tourism, as well in roles in private enterprise. The combination of these experiences qualifies her to be the very practical and opportunistic consultant and coach that people who work in events and in tourism businesses seek out to assist them refine and grow their products and businesses.
With experience in events management and funding, plus sales, trade, product development, public relations, branding, destination marketing and social media, Amber can assess, apply and implement across the tourism industry. Amber has excellent credentials in product and experience development and was instrumental in developing the indigenous product Goolimbil Walkabout Tour in the Town of 1770 and continues to champion the concept plan of the 1770 Experience project. She is currently marketing manager (part-time) for an eco certified day tour operator, '1770 LARC! Tours' in the Southern Great Barrier Reef region of Queensland, and has held the Local Tourism Organisation President role since 2016.
After completing a sponsorship visa in Brisbane, James travelled all over Australia locating and opening several travel agency franchises, which later led to a sales and marketing position for a 17 vessel fleet in the Whitsundays. There, James helped develop, contract and present products at both domestic and international trade shows, working with a network of buyers and sellers across the globe.
James most recently introduced and developed the Oceania region for San Diego based tech start-up Cloudbeds, providing customised software solutions for accommodation and touring product throughout the Oceania region. The Cloudbeds technology today empowers over 26,000 hotels worldwide.
After 10 years representing several tourism brands and regions, James moved back to Agnes Water in late 2020, and now happily consults tourism businesses from his laptop.
Become a Member TODAY!
DCTC is your local tourism and commerce organisation, dedicated to growing our region by leveraging the benefits of tourism in our local economy. Whilst your interests are represented by the Executive Committee and numerous volunteers, none of these positions receive any salary. This means that DCTC is YOU and without YOU there is no local tourism and commerce organisation.
Once your membership is paid, you will be able to:
1. Add your listing and events to our VisitAgnes1770.com.au website (or make sure it is up to date!). This website will quickly become your key sales agent as members report it is the number one website that refers traffic, enquiries and bookings to their own website.
2. Free event listings. Members and non members can add events for free to the website to give them an online presence. Make sure you do this regularly here
3. Attend our regular meetings and networking events. The meeting is a forum that gathers local business owners, stakeholders and involved members of the public to invite discussion of developments, projects and current affairs that affect the local tourism and commerce industries. Come along, be a part of it and get up-to-date information about the community. Locations are announced and updated closer to each date. Please refer the members e-newsletters for location.
4. Keep up to date about opportunities via our regular e–newsletter
5. Participate in marketing and advertising campaigns
6. Be featured on our social media accounts
7. Participate in media and blogger famils and promotional events
8. Be featured in promotional material
9. Being represented by the committee at different functions and with different level of governments and tourism officials.
10. BECOME INVOLVED! We all understand how busy we can be working in our own businesses, however if at anytime you are interested in becoming involved in any of the committees and volunteering your time, you will be very welcomed to join us. DCTC organises both the Agnes Blues, Roots & Rock & 1770 Festivals
If you have any questions with regards to your membership please email [email protected].
Individual Membership starts from $66 per financial year.
Business memberships start at $176 per financial year.