10 things to do for free in Agnes Water/1770
You don’t need to spend big to enjoy the Discovery Coast…
- Explore the many walking trails this region has to offer. There is something for everyone, with walk ranging from 400m loops to half day coastal hikes. Don’t forget your camera, water and sunscreen.
- Build an old fashioned sandcastle on one of the many beaches. Maybe even make it a competition with your friends and family. Who can build the best sea creature out of sand?!
- Discover the breathtaking Deepwater and Eurimbula national park. 4wd are necessary for most parts, but not all. Walking through Deepwater NP is particularly nice.
- Drop a line and try to catch a fish in the creek or on the beach.
- Go beach combing for treasures and discover rock pools at low tide.
- Grab your binoculars and try spotting turtles, dolphins, birds or migrating whales (July – November) from the 1770 headland.
- Watch a sunrise or sunset over the ocean. Or do both!
- Body-surf some waves at the point at Agnes Water main beach, or watch the locals and visitors enjoying some waves.
- Try to spot some kangaroos and wallabies – the best time is early morning or late afternoon.
- Make use of the free bbq’s at the 1770 foreshore, Tom Jeffrey park or Workmans beach.