Agnes Water Beach stretches for 6 km and is a great surfing beach. It is also claimed to be the most northern surf beach on the east coast of Australia and is very popular with surfers of all ages.
Access to a beautiful, natural beach
- Enter via the footbridge near the parking area at Tom Jeffery Park at Agnes Street.
- Sandcastles 1770 Motel and Resort has a public beach access and is the closest to the patrolled beach area apart from Tom Jeffrey park.
- Next to Agnes Palms Beachside accommodation is a small carpark with a nice walk through paperbark forests to the beach.
- There are a few stairs and walkways leading to the beach from the “Beaches of 1770” area that has quite a few holiday houses and resorts.
- Access from the carpark next to the surf club. The best place to access if you want to let your dog off leash on the beach.
Agnes Water Beach is a patrolled surf beach (lifeguards on duty at certain times.) Weekends and Holiday periods.
The beach stretches all the way to Seventeen Seventy headland – about 6kms. Great surf for longboards with the best wave being at the Point. Surfing lessons Reef 2 Beach and surfboard hire are available from local businesses. Camping and accommodation are available on and near the beach. Agnes Water Beach Holidays Caravan Park
- You may see many species of terns, white-bellied sea eagles, turtles, dolphins and large schools of fish. Look out for pretty seashells washed up from the iconic Great Barrier Reef.
- November and December are the best months to catch a glimpse of the nesting mother turtles. Be sure to keep your distance if you notice any mother turtles making their way up the beach to nest. If you are lucky enough to see a turtle on the beach, keep your distance and stay still. Try not to approach the turtles as they may feel threatened and will return to the ocean without laying their eggs. If a turtle is digging her nest, please remain at least 10 meters away. Once digging has finished, wait 15 minutes before approaching from behind. Please remember laying eggs is stressful and tiring, so please give her some room to move back to the ocean.
- Dogs are permitted on parts of this 5km stretch. Please read all Council signs relating to dogs.
- There are several stunning areas on this beach for Wedding Ceremonies. Please consult with your wedding planner or marriage celebrant.